A modern classic: Shipping pallet
I must admit that at first, I was not sold on the idea of pallet furniture. I thought, rather… nooo now the industrial decor trend has gone too far, taking in boring transport materials into the living room.
Over time though, my view of the pallet has changed and I have learned to like it in the right environment. It has become a real decor classic. You can do a lot with a pallet, but most common is to turn it into a coffee table. Here are some instructions to turn a pallet into genuine design furniture (no one will see the difference :)
How to make a coffee table out of a shipping pallet
1. Use the sandpaper to sand the rough surface.
2. Paint a base coat. The wood is often untreated and will therefore absorb a relatively large amount of paint. Another possibility, and better looking I think, is to stain the wood. Use a dark stain for a good looking finish.
3. Give the pallet a top coat. Use furniture paint and give the pallet several coats at your discretion. Two top coats are probably needed. Dare to choose colour, not just white! :)
4. Attach the wheels when the paint has dried. Pre-drill the holes and then attach the wheels with a steel plate and bolts.
5. Your new table is almost ready. For a practical and good looking surface, lay a sheet of cut glass on top. Experiment with putting pictures or fabric between the glass and the pallet. Terracotta tiles can also work as an alternative.
Abracadabra, a brand new, cheap and trendy coffee table that is also environmentally friendly! Score! :)
Do you want to appear on Inredningsvis? Contact email@example.com for advertising collaborations
All rights reserved - Copyright 2024