Eftersom jag vet att många av er därute har en stor svaghet för macarons, ger jag er här ett ljuvligt recept på engelska (alla svenska följare får ha överseende och använda translate denna gång :)
Som ni säkert vet är jag en tvättäkta chokladnarkoman, så det får bli macarons ala chocolate heaven idag…enjoy :)
Because I know that many of you have a soft spot for macarons, I’m giving you a recipe here in English.
As you probably know, I’m a true chocoholic, so it’s macarons ala chocolate heaven today… enjoy :)
Choklad Macarons / Chocolate Macarons
Ingredients: Makes about 38 shells
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup powdered almonds
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large egg whites, at room temperature
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces (120g) bitter sweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and have a pastry bag with a plain tip (about 1/2-inch, 2 cm) ready.
- Grind together the powdered sugar with the almond powder and cocoa so there are no lumps; use a blender or food processor.
- Using a mixer beat the egg whites until they begin to rise and hold their shape. While whipping, beat in the granulated sugar until very stiff and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Fold the dry ingredients, in two batches, into the beaten egg whites with a rubber spatula. When the mixture is smooth and there are no streaks of egg white, stop folding and scrape the batter into the pastry bag. (standing the bag in a tall glass helps if you’re alone).
- Pipe the batter on the parchment-lined baking sheets in 1-inch (3 cm) circles (about 1 tablespoon each of batter), evenly spaced one-inch (3 cm) apart.
- Rap the baking sheet a few times firmly on the counter top to flatten the macarons, then bake them for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely then remove from baking sheet.
- To make the chocolate filling: Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let sit one minute, then stir until smooth. Stir in the pieces of butter. Let cool completely before using.
- Spread a bit of batter on the inside of the macarons then sandwich them together.
- Let them stand at least one day before serving, to meld the flavors.
Servera dina hembakta macarons på vackert porslin, så det blir sann njutning både för öga och gom :)
Serve your home-made macarons on beautiful porcelain, so that you can enjoy them with your mouth and eyes :)
Macarons or Macaroons?
Macarons should not be confused with macaroons. Macarons were first created in France at the end of the 1700’s. Macaroons are an egg white and almond-based confection, with roots as far back as 9th Century Italy. To find out more about the many different varieties of macroons, check out this Wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaroon
Lycka till med dina *macarons* och ha en underbar helg :)
Good luck with your *macarons*, and have a great weekend! :)
ps. Bonus recipe for French macarons by Anna from LovelyLadyCakes: