When I (Jon) lived and studied in Manchester, England in the late 1990’s, I travelled often to Ireland to visit my dear Irish friends. I flew directly to Dublin – a flight of about 30 minutes. Several times I took the train to Holyhead in north Wales, then the ferry across to Dun Laoghaire.
As a guest on The Emerald Isle, you will always be met with famous Irish hospitality – a friendlier population is hard to find!
Enjoy the pictures below, and let yourself be inspired by some Ireland’s most beautiful places – enjoy! :)
Did you know…?
- Ireland is the third-largest island in Europe, and the 20th largest island in the world.
- The island consists of the Republic of Ireland, and Northern Ireland (part of the U.K.)
- Irish is still spoken in smaller towns and rural areas
- There are no snakes in Ireland
- Dublin is the home of Guinness
- The river Liffey runs green in Dublin on St.Patrick’s Day
Have you ever been to Ireland? What did you think of the country?